Experienced Leadership Development
Consulting services are provided through tailored training, one on one or group coaching and mentoring for executives, administrators or front line staff.
Our team is experienced and certified in the used of effective, practical psychometric tools for adult educators, leaders and organizations to learn about their strengths and challenges. We also employ work-related simulations to allow teams to learn by doing in a safe space where experimentation, failure and learning can occur.
We are able to design and customize unique leadership and organizational development programs for small, large and diverse organizations.
These tools, workshops and trainings are available in English and Spanish.
There are effective and practical tools available for leaders and organizations to learn about their strengths and challenges. Nolo Consulting draws on research-based assessments to set the stage for that learning to take place.
We also employ work-related simulations to allow teams to learn by doing in a safe space where experimentation, failure and learning can occur. There is no development program as powerful as one that helps people learn from a wide range of critical competencies.
Below is an annotated list of Assessments and Simulations we use during our facilitation of organizational and leadership development workshops and trainings. We are able to design and customize unique leadership and organizational development programs for small, large and diverse organizations. These tools, workshops and trainings are available in English and Spanish.
• How do you become change-ready as a team member?
Change Style Indicator
• Do show you understanding of style preferences of your colleagues at work to improve teamwork while taking advantage of the strengths that each style brings to your organization?
• Can you deal with and sustain change in challenging times?
Decision Style Profile
• How often your co-workers or supervisors fail to collect the necessary information prior to deciding?
• How appropriately does the decision maker include commitment and goal agreement among key stakeholders as essential elements of a decision?
• How appropriately does the decision maker include others in the decision‐making process?
Influence Style Indicator
• How does your influence style get others to action?
• When is one particular influencing style most effective?
• Can you gain insight into developing style flexibility if you know yourself better?
Paper Planes, Inc.
• What most impacted your effectiveness?
• What is your team’s goal?
• What is the organization’s goal?
• Specifically, how does the behavior of other participants impact your performance?
• Do you work together as a team?
• How can the group’s effectiveness be improved?
• Do they develop a unified team strategy?
• Do they accurately assess the starting point/current reality?
• Do they have a vision?
• Are incremental improvements sufficient to meet final goals?
• What data should actually be tracked?
• What questions should be answered from the strategic plan?
• Do they have a plan for addressing people issues and resources?
• Do they consider how they will make decisions and resolve differences?
Paper Scrapers is a team-oriented simulation in which team members are asked to design, build, and market a product. Paper Scrapers has several applications, among these: team building, project management, creativity and innovation, team problem solving and decision making and exploring the diverse talents and styles of team members. This simulation helps teams explore the team processes of designing, building and selling a product, examine different people’s relationship with rules, regulations and structure, investigate the team’s utilization of the resources available to the team including team members, and even explore the impact of competition among groups.
Coaching is linked to a company's strategic plans, growth and retention goals. We meet with HR representatives, supervisors and employees being coached to determine the desired outcomes, set out the scope of work, and agree to measurable performance goals.
Coaching services include the following:
Two in-person meetings to determine the scope of work and final review
In-person meeting(s) with the person(s) being coached
Face-to-face interviews with a minimum of 5 colleagues and/or direct reports
Establish specific and measurable goals
Create an Individual Adjustment Plan
Coaching sessions 3/month (Skype/phone interaction) for six (6) months+
Access to a 'client only' blog
Interactive e-mail support
Minimum of two assessments utilizing any of the following:
Change Style Indicator® - an assessment instrument designed to measure your preferred style in approaching change and dealing with situations involving change.
360˚ Emerging Leaders Profile® – an assessment that provides feedback on how their specific management practices are perceived by others.
Influence Style Indicator® - an individual assessment designed to identify a preferred influencing style and give insight into styles that may be used more effectively in rapidly changing environments.
When a company hires a foreign executive or professional they welcome a new family. Unfortunately, most members of the family often feel disadvantaged because they are not immediately aware of the ways of success in a new culture. Many times, the major obstacle for newly arrived foreign executives is the family’s assimilation in to their new community. We help families learn and flourish in their new home.
Our coaching services include:
Personality assessment; it is recommended that the client initially take two assessments - one of which could be the Change Style Indicator® - an assessment instrument designed to measure your preferred style in approaching change and dealing with situations involving change. Other assessment tools will be suggested over the course of the contract, with various assessments available for an additional charge.
Twelve 1-hr coaching/mentoring sessions (via Skype or phone)
Personal Adjustment Plan
Access to a 'client only' blog
Interactive e-mail support
Relocation support (optional) - help family meet local contacts, find housing, schools and offer community orientation (offer link to support services in the area) about the new location where they plan to relocate.